Friday, September 22, 2006

L'Shana Tova! Tonight is the Jewish New Year -- and I was invited by a dear friend and fellow photographer to celebrate with his family. I met Bill Aron about 2 years ago and have had the opportunity to assist him and become his friend. He is an amazing photographer with several books to his credit. My favorite one is called Shalom Y'all and is about Jews in the South. His pictures are astounding. Wow. Tracy and I have both had the opportunity to work with him and are waiting anxiously for his newest book to come out. We were invited to work with him while he documented 100 holocaust survivors here in Los Angeles. It was an amazing experience for us both, hearing the stories and meeting the surviors.

Life is funny. I was introduced to Bill by an old boyfriend's mother. And I remember at the time thinking -- I can't imagine anything worse than having dinner with a "really famous" photographer and having someone say -- Oh -- by the way, Keats is a photographer too. (Somebody shoot me now!) Well, that's pretty much exactly how it happened... and despite my red face, I'm so grateful that it did -- Bill and I have been friends ever since.

Tonight was warm and wonderful and about family, and faith and sharing and it felt so special to be included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home